Selling fine, used, new, and rare books since 1935
Monday through Thursday 11:00 – 5:00
Friday 11:00 – 8:00
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 – 5:00
New shipments arriving daily!
- We are happy to provide personalized gift shopping via phone or in person.
- Free gift wrapping!
- 350,000 titles from which to choose!
Give us a call at (650) 323-7822 with any questions.
We highly recommend that you be fully masked before coming in to browse, and we provide hand sanitizer at the door. Thanks for keeping everyone safe!
Please call 650-323-7822 if you have any questions. We are happy to fill specific requests, or to suggest good reading that can be picked up at our doors, depending on your comfort level. Also, please see our COVID Safety Policies
Check out the fabulous windows on our Instagram account: @windowsofbells
…and our News page will let you know about our most recent happenings!
A cornucopia of exciting collections have come our way, including thousands of philosophy titles from the estate of the renowned Richard Rorty. We also have:
- Signed editions by T.S. Eliot, Frank Herbert, Ray Bradbury, Tom Clancy, and Robert Frost.
- A limited signed first edition of Winnie the Pooh, also signed by the illustrator.
- An exciting new handsome red leather edition of the Lord of the Rings which includes the first ever printings of Tolkien’s own illustrations.
Located in downtown Palo Alto, Bell’s has served the Stanford University and Silicon Valley communities, providing new, used, and rare books since 1935.
Our century-old storefront houses 300,000 volumes on two floors. Spilling over with hardcover and quality paperback books in 500 subject categories, there is, quite literally, something for everyone at Bell’s:
Bell’s purchases fine books and private collections.